This course is currently closed
Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Who Can Apply ?
- Sighted tutors/trainers
- Interested visually impaired students
- To bridge the gap between the legal content of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2014 (RPWD Act) and actually availing the rights outlined by it for the visually impaired
- To briefly cover the key highlights of the Act in an easy to understand manner and provide examples for how these provisions might apply to real-life situations
- Bring awareness among the visually impaired community about their rights and empower them to seek them.
- The trainers should be sighted individuals, familiar with the local language, who are passionate about holistic education interventions for the visually impaired
- Basic English fluency is required. Although the trainers should be familiar with the local language in order to clarify any doubts and support the visually impaired students through this course, all units should be delivered in English.
- Computer System(s), in working condition, with a voice assist software, to provide access to additional resources pertaining to Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2014
- Headphones and speakers
- Given the importance of this course, trainers should be engaged, creative, and passionate about empowering the visually impaired.